AAA assists communication and exchange of information between bee scientists and beekeepers in Asia. The Association chose Kuala Terngganu, Terengganu, Malaysia as the venue for the 11th AAA Conference.
The conference and the accompanying exhibition are aimed to:
- provide platform for networking among bee scientists converging into collaborative research that connects to business efforts in the bees, bee products and beekeeping industry,
- take stock and monitor on the status of the bees, beekeeping, honey hunting and the environment,
- showcase the state-of-the-art of bee products, beekeeping technologies and thre development of green technologies.
The conference committee identified the following areas of focus for the scientific presentation and discussion.
- Bee Biology, Behavior, Diseases and Pests
- Bee Pollination and Bee Plants
- Bee bye-products (honey, pollen, propolis, royal jelly, etc.)
- Beekeeping / Honey hunting Equipment and Technologies
- Apitherapy & Pharmaceuticals
- Environment and Conservation
Companies which are interested to promote and demonstrate their products at the 11 AAA Api Expo are required to register and specify their space requirement. Each Booth requires payment of special offer package cost of US$ 1800. The cost includes booth space, 3-night accommodation at Primula Hotel and a tour of the Redang Island or the Kenyir Lake.